Friday, November 19, 2010

Lemon-Berry:: Chapter 1



You know I would have never thought that, living away from momma would be so...good. I remember I used to complain, about leaving home and start living on my own. But ever since I arrived at Sugar Valley, things just changed. No more do I feel the need, that if my mother is ten feet away from me, I would start crying (Yeah you can imagine how school went). Instead I feel more open and confident. The best part is that my best friend Tangerine Sorbet is just living around the block.



Tonight is an important night for me. It’s our college graduation party; it’s also a welcome party for all the new comers to the town. I wanted to look perfect now, since it’s time for me to find someone to be in my life. I really haven’t been with a lot of guys during my teen years.





Quickly I put my make-up and slid into my dress. Oh yeah, I can surely make head turns. Soon enough the phone started ringing. What came into my mind was mom, asking me if I was alright, and if I found a man yet. God she’s so annoying. I picked up the phone and spoke into it,
“Hello?”
“Hey Lemon-Berry! It’s me Tangerine.”
“Oh hey Bud! How are you?” I laughed at myself; I couldn’t believe I didn’t know who it was at first.
“I’m good Lemon! So are you ready for the dance? Do you want me to pick you up or something?”
“Yeah, I’m ready. And no I will meet you there kay? There are a couple of things I have to do first.”
“Oh alright, meet you there bye.” Tangerine hung up the phone, and the line went dead.



I locked the door, and stepped into the cab. I hope I don’t have to take the cab every day. The cab smelled like vanilla, which was refreshing. Finally we reached Peppermint Pier, and my heart started beating a thousand beats per second.



A couple of people were here already. Rocking to the music and what not, I didn’t recognize anyone at the party. Well it’s better to talk to people, and get to know them than stay quiet. So I started mingling and dancing with people.




Soon enough I ran into Tangerine. He was at the bar getting a drink. I walked over to him and tapped him in the shoulder.
“Hey you!” I tapped him on the shoulder, “told you I’d meet you here TanTan!”
“Took you long enough!” he gulped another pink-limeade glass, “I already talked to bunches of people, and they are already leaving.”



“I’m sorry do you wanna dance?” I pulled his sleeve and brought him to the dance floor.



Hesitantly, he started moving to the beat with me. Soon enough both of our bodies were moving and we were definitely shaking it on the dance floor. I looked around once in a while, and saw that everyone’s eyes were on us. Oh Boy.



Then I started to get a little crazy...and I was out of control. I just kept dancing and dancing. Luckily, Tangerine pulled me aside.
“Whoa there, are you alright? I think you scared everyone away.” I chuckled, As if I scared everyone away. I looked around....and no one was to be seen, maybe I did scare everyone away....oopsie.
“I guessed I did I giggled.” Then when I looked back at him, he did something totally unexpected.




He quickly leaned in and kissed me. And I think I am going to be sick...


-------------------------------------
Notes:: I really hope you enjoyed this Chapter. There is still more to come! Feel Free to comment and Follow ;D

Kami

2 comments:

  1. :o Sooo I'm kind of wondering if there was a party at all or if he was just trying to get her out there for himself lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I chuckled, As if I scared everyone away. I looked around....and no one was to be seen, maybe I did scare everyone away....oopsie."

    Bahahaha! I loved this part

    ReplyDelete